We take our commitment to corporate social responsibility seriously.
Our team understand the challenges faced by charities and actively engage in fundraising and volunteering activities throughout the year.
Our headline charity
As voted for by our team, our headline charity for the 2023/24 financial year is Nelson’s Journey.
Nelson’s Journey is a small Norfolk-based charity which supports children who have experienced the death of a significant person in their lives. Founded in 1997, and currently celebrating their 25th anniversary year, Nelson’s Journey has helped thousands of children and teenagers by providing a range of resources, services, and referrals to professionals for after-bereavement care.
So far this year, we have undertaken several activities.
- Guess the square – members of our team tried to win a prize for guessing the correct coloured square in return for donations.
- Purple picnic – we held a fun afternoon, filled with food and games for our Norwich and Diss team. We raised donations via raffle entries and ad-hoc contributions.
- Tour de Broads – our Managing Director, Mark Brown, cycled 75 miles to raise money for Nelson’s Journey. In advance of the event, members of our team volunteered their time to bake flapjacks for those taking part, and we donated the ingredients to aide with this too.
If you would like to support our fundraising efforts for Nelson’s Journey, please visit our Just Giving page via the button below.
Support for other causes
In addition to our support for our headline sponsor, our team also take part in various other activities.
- Fundraising – where our team request help for causes they support personally, we will assist them where we can. This is typically via donations and by promoting their fundraising efforts.
- Collections – we organise collections at Christmas. Typically, the charity chosen is voted for by our team. In 2022, we collected for Norwich Foodbank (Trussell Trust) and this year we will be collecting for our headline charity.
- Volunteering – our team are permitted a volunteering day each year. We organise various opportunities for them to make use of these throughout the year and they are welcome to partake in their own individual efforts too. This has included days at Banham Zoo and Sacrewell Farm.
As part of our wider corporate social responsibility commitments, we encourage our employees to observe good environmental practices and continue to look for ways to improve our environmental credentials.
- Recycling – this is supported in our offices via recycling bins. Where possible, we recycle paper, cans, toner cartridges, cardboard, glass and plastics.
- Paper use – we minimise paper usage, where possible using digital storage and communications. We encourage our clients to receive digital communications.
- Emissions – we are part of the cycle to work scheme and encourage the use of this by employees.
- Investment solutions – we advise on a range of ethical and sustainable investment solutions and ask our clients to consider if they wish to apply ESG considerations to their investment funds.
Take a look at our updates relating to our team’s involvement with charitable causes.
Lucas Fettes hosts ‘Purple Picnic’ for Nelson’s Journey
We held a purple-themed picnic to raise money for our headline charity: Nelson's Journey.